top of page
Stovetop Brewing Guide
A simple, Italian-made little brewer. Moka Pot produces a viscous, appropriately dense espresso with no electricity or fancy equipment.
1. Get Fresh Roasted coffee beans, Grind about a little bit coarser than flour.
2. Unscrew the Moka pot and fill the bottom chamber with your heated water, just to where the little ridges start on the inside of the pot.
3. Fill with ground coffee and level the filter off without tamping down. And place it into the base.
4. Place over medium heat on your stove. Caution!!! The bottom chamber will be hot.
5. When you start to see coffee coming out of the spout, CLOSE the lid and listen carefully, As soon as the pot starts gurgling, take it off the heat and wait for the noise to stop.
6. Pour and blow on the cup a little first(HOT!), then Enjoy.
If you fill ground coffee too less/coarse, it will spurt wildly out of the
top of the pot. (Stand back!)
Similarly, if fill ground coffee too many/fine, the water will not be able to pass through the filter, and you run the risk of building up too much pressure in the pot, take it off the heat, DO NOT OPEN the lid and DO NOT UNSCREW the base, until it has cooled.
bottom of page