top of page
Chemex Brewing Guide
A manual, pour-over style glass-container coffeemaker, which employs a dense filter paper, resulting in a clean, articulate cup.
1. Place filter in Chemex, rinse the filter with hot water until the glass is heated, discard water from both.
2. Weigh coffee to desired strength ( 30g for 500ml ) and grind.
3. Place the Chemex on a scale, add coffee, shake to level the coffee bed, zero the scale.
4. Start the timer and pour twice the amount of hot water ( about 60g ) onto the grounds and let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds.
5. Start pouring in the center, work your way out and then back to the center, in concentric circles.
6. Coffee should drain at around 4 mins, remove the filter. Serve.
bottom of page