top of page
Select your brewing method
Espresso & Stovetop
Syphon & Gold Filter
Add milk or just black?Always add milk
Black & White
Select from a coffee collection
Drip Bag Coffee
Syphon Brewing Guide
A vacuum coffee brewing device. Brews coffee using two chambers where vapor pressure and vacuum produce coffee. An amalgamation of immersion and filter brewing methods, it was invented by Loeff of Berlin in the 1830s. It produces a delicate, tea-like cup of coffee.
1. Soaking the filter in a warm water bath for 1 minute, drop it into the top component-'hopper', and hook to the glass tubing.
2. Fill the bottom component-bulb', with 300g of hot water.
3. Insert the hopper, filter and all, into the bulb, Position the entire assembly above the heat source.
4. Soon, the water in the bulb will begin boiling and rise up into the hopper.
5. Once the water has moved into the hopper, turn your heat source down so that the water is between 85-90°c.
6. Add your coffee, gently and thoroughly submerge it with a bamboo paddle or butter knife.
7. Let the coffee brew, undisturbed, for one minute and 10 seconds.
8. Remove your siphon from the heat source and give it ten stirs with a bamboo paddle.
9. Your coffee should take another minute or so to draw downward and finally rest in the bulb.
10. Remove the hopper and serve.
* To get a complex cup, give the coffee a few minutes to cool.
* Coffee ground just a little bit finer than regular drip coffee.
* For some physics-related reason, a little bit of water will stay at the bottom. Don’t worry about this little bit.
Find the coffee that matches your taste →
bottom of page